For those of you new to the challenge. Here are the details you should know.
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My goal this year was My Precious, but the number itself that I wanted to meet was 45. To my surprise, I surpassed that and actually hit the Marathoner level with 51 books. Even more enlightening was my goal for my Goodreads challenge was 75. That means almost three quarters of my books this year were audiobooks. I have been in a slump with my ebooks, so I have a lot more listening time than I do reading time. I do have to change that next year, but I’d like to keep the same level, if not more, with audiobooks. They have changed my life and I get bored silly in the car if I have to listen to the radio instead of a book!
With all the books I’ve listened to, I’ve found I hit a few milestones. I have found male narrators I like, I have listened to a dual narration and I even moved from series that I normally read to listening to them. There are also new narrators I’ve added to my “preferred” list. Sometimes it takes me a couple of books to get the rhythm of a narrator, but if I do pick it up, they soon become favorites.
I’m really proud of my results this year. See below for the audiobooks I listened to and click the links for my reviews. I think 2019 was a great year for audiobooks and I’m looking forward to an even better one in 2020!
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Crave by Deborah Wilde - ★★★
- Nevermore by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Fall by Deborah Wilde - ★★★★
- Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost - ★★★★★
- Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★★
- Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★★
- Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★½
- Dark Arts and a Daiquiri by Annette Marie - ★★★★
- Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★★½
- Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★★★
- Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie - ★★★★
- In A Badger Way by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★★★
- Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich - ★★½
- Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich - ★★★
- Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich - ★★★
- Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole - ★★★★
- Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole - ★★★★
- Demon Magic and a Martini by Annette Marie - ★★★½
- Blood Vow by J.R. Ward - ★★★★½
- Blood Fury by J.R. Ward - ★★★★
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Burn by Deborah Wilde - ★★★★
- Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh - ★★★★★
- Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues by Molly Harper - ★★★★
- Prisoner of Night by J.R. Ward - ★★★½
- Moonstruck by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Divine and Dateless by Tara West - ★★★
- Leonie Hendricks: Demon P.I. by Deborah Wilde - ★★★★
- The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter - ★★★★
- Cursed by Fire by Danielle Annett - ★★½
- Dark Prince by Christine Feehan - ★★
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★
- Sweep In Peace by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★½
- Damned and Desirable by Tara West - ★★★½
- Damned and Desperate by Tara West - ★★★½
- Blood Truth by J.R. Ward - ★★★★★
- Demonic and Deserted by Tara West - ★★★
- Selkies Are A Girl's Best Friend by Molly Harper - ★★★★
- Archangel's War by Nalini Singh - ★★★★★
- At Death's Door by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ★★
- Dead and Delicious by Tara West - ★★★½
- Peace, Blood and Understanding by Molly Harper - ★★★★
- One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★
- Sweep of the Blade by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★½
- Break The Day by Lara Adrian - ★★★★½
- Spellbound by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- Shadow King by Susan K. Hamilton - ★★★½
- A Tale of Two Dragons by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★½
- Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich - ★★
- Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★
- Where Winter Finds You by J.R. Ward - ★★★★½
- About A Dragon by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★
2019 Audiobook Challenge
Host: Caffeinated Reviewer & Hot Listens
Progress: 51/45 (113%)
1 January, 2019 — 31 December, 2019