It’s that time of year again where we all find the challenges we want to participate in for the year. The Audiobook Challenge is one I have done for the last few years and it has changed my life. Audiobooks have become a staple in my life that I need to relax when I can’t read my ebook or paperback. In 2017 I pretty much did close to the same numbers as 2016, but I’m hoping for more in 2018. I will participate at the My Precious level of 30 – 50 books again, but my hope is to get to 40. I missed that number by one book in 2017. I’m hoping that this year I’ll get over that 40 mark. This page will be my sign up post as well as my tracking page, so come on back to check my status whenever!
The 2018 Audiobook Challenge is hosted this year again by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. Click here to visit the sign up page and declare your audiobook goal for 2018!
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update will take place December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Audible Romance Package
- Tantor.com (They have some great sales, so sign up for their newsletter)
- Ambling Books
- Libro.fm Supports local bookstores
- Overdrive – through your local library
- Audiobook Jukebox – audios for review
- Hoopla – through your local library
- Librivox – Public domain works
- Sync Audiobooks for Teens – May through July a free audiobook each week
(Some may be without links as I haven’t reviewed them yet)
- The Gift by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Risk by Dannika Dark - ★★★½
- How To Date Your Dragon by Molly Harper - ★★★★
- Closer by Dannika Dark - ★★★
- Keystone by Dannika Dark - ★★★★½
- Ravenheart by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Deathtrap by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Seven Years by Dannika Dark - ★★★★½
- Six Months by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- Gaslight by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Five Weeks by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Four Days by Dannika Dark - ★★★½
- Three Hours by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- Two Minutes by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- One Second by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Charming by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- Midnight Wolf by Jennifer Ashley - ★★★★★
- Ocean Light by Nalini Singh - ★★★★
- Winter Moon by Dannika Dark - ★★★★
- The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★½
- Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ★★★½
- Death Doesn't Bargain by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ★★★★
- Born of Darkness by Lara Adrian - ★★★★
- Venom In The Veins by Jennifer Estep - ★★★★½
- The Beast In Him by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★½
- Tiger Striped by Jennifer Ashley - ★★★★★
- Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★
- Blackout by Dannika Dark - ★★★★½
- Slaying It by Chloe Neill - ★★★½
- Here Be Sexist Vampires by Suzanne Wright - ★★★★
- Love and Other Wild Things by Molly Harper - ★★★★½
- The Bite That Binds by Suzanne Wright - ★★★★½
- Taste of Torment by Suzanne Wright - ★★★★½
- Consumed by Suzanne Wright - ★★★★★
- The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★½
- Archangel's Prophecy by Nalini Singh - ★★★★½
- Fractured by Suzanne Wright - ★★★★
- Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie - ★★★½
2018 Audiobook Challenge
Host: Hot Listens & Caffeinated Reviewer
My Summary Post
Progress: 38/40 (95%)
1 January, 2018 — 31 December, 2018