Last year was a year of successes and not-so-successes. I’m not going to call them failures. My Bookish Life Budget did great, even attending some cons I was able to keep my book buying under control. In 2018 I don’t think I’m going to attend any out of town cons. I put last year’s leftover into covering some of my hotel and travelling costs.
For 2018 I still gave myself a broad number when it comes to my book budget. There are cons on my list and I want to give myself some freedom at those. Also, I have found that my reading last year totally consisted of review books. I got behind in a couple of my favorite series and I want to catch up this year, which means I will have some purchasing catching up to do. Let’s see what my numbers look like this year.
|Category||Amount||Spent this Month||Remaining Balance|
|B&N Membership Renewal||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Readers & ‘Ritas 2015 Event Ticket||$175.00||$0.00||$175.00|
|Buns & Roses + Bear||$75.00||$0.00||$75.00|
|Boas & Tiaras||$50.00||$0.00||$50.00|
|Books (Ebooks, paperbacks & hardcovers)||$376.92||$0.00||$376.92|
So those are the numbers for 2018. I was looking at the numbers as I wrote this and decided I wanted a challenge this year. So I lowered my budget on books to make my overall budget an even number. I’m eager to see how close I come to that goal this year. I’m really going to try and get to all the cons going on. Last year was fun and I think I will miss going out of town, so I’m going to try and make up for it with the local events.
I’m going to go through a few of my goals, both blogging and personal. Some may actually be the same as last year and I just didn’t accomplish them, so I’ve set out to try again. Here’s what I have on my list.
- 80% Netgalley rating. I’m so close, but I just want to hit that next level this year.
- Read 5 blog posts, comment on them and share per day. This one is tough and I’m having a hard time managing it. I’m good with the blogs that I am email subscribed to, but the ones in my Feedly often get neglected and I forget to make time to go out and look. Definitely want to fix this in 2018 and hopefully make some more good blogger friends!
- Speaking of Feedly, I need to go through and organize. I know there are a lot of blogs in there that are no longer active and I need to make room for new ones I find. I think I’ve a limited amount and the last time I tried to add a blog I couldn’t.
- Get all drafts caught up. I have over a dozen drafts sitting there, ready for reviews to be written and posted and I just haven’t gotten to them yet. I want to get those finished up and posted.
- Decide on 2 memes and post to them weekly. I have to find the ones that are the best fit for me and be consistent.
- Take more pictures. Both of books for #bookstagram as well as at cons with authors, etc. I don’t ever seem to get any good shots. I really need to find a good picture taking spot without having to go outdoors.
- Catch up on series. That is both television and book series. I really miss some of the shows I used to watch. I don’t know what happened to my evening time, but I only get a very short time to read and no television, or vice versa. Maybe I’ve gotten old and just go to bed so much earlier. This year I want to make the time to finish those books I need to get caught up and get some TV time for myself. It blows my mind that I am still only half way through season 12 of Supernatural! Like, what the hell happened!?
- Well, that goal pretty much goes along with this one. I need to make more time for reading. I’m behind in series, I have a back log of review books, it’s a mess. I need to spend some good quality time with my books!
- Be more active. This is going to be tough. I need to find something I don’t mind doing. I would like to walk, but I am freaked out walking at night by myself with my headphones in, but don’t want to walk without the headphones. When it is light out longer, I would like to walk, but it’s too damn hot. I have to do something though, and this year I will get after myself to do it.
- Drink more water. This has been something I have been working on for a year already, and just when I start doing well with it, I get addicted to another drink. Then all I drink is that one thing. Right now it is Iced Mocha coffee with almond milk by Calilia Farms. I’m obsessed and drink it all day long. It doesn’t help that the ice machine here at work is broken so when I want to wash my cup out and put water in it, I can’t have ice in my water. Got to get out of my coffee rut!
- Be more productive. I have to stop getting distracted so easy and not finishing tasks that I start.
- Allow myself to be more creative without overthinking what others are going to think of my ideas. This is a HUGE stumbling block for me and I would like to conquer it this year and just DO things without questioning myself a thousand ways to Sunday!
There are a few more personal goals I’m working towards but most of them include some heavy duty emotional strain, so I won’t bore you.
I have something I’d like you all to help me with. If you know of a good meme, that is possible to schedule at least a week in advance, let me know in the comments. I’m looking for some to participate in and I get distracted reading other blogs when I go to visit their memes and forget what drew me there, then lose the name of the meme. If you all could give me a hand, I could have all the ideas in one place and I could just come back here and look! Also, if you think you know of a challenge that may help with some of my goals that I could participate in, leave those in the comments too! I really want to be more productive on the blog this year, and I would really love your help!
Here’s to an amazing 2018 for all of us!