Welcome to 2015’s Audiobook Challenge which will be hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. It was a lot of fun last year and I’m really excited to do it again. As I did last year, a page will be created and will be under that Challenge tab up there or you can get there from here. It will be keeping a running total of all my audiobooks as the reviews are released. Each book will be linked to my review so you won’t just get to see what I read, but what I thought as well.
Also, make sure to follow our hosts to keep up with any updates!
So let’s get started with the details of our challenge!
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – A Goodreads Group for the challenge has been created, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
Once again my goal will be My Precious. It is such a huge target to hit, that I’m sure I can get in their somewhere. I am absolutely sure I would not make it over 50, so let’s not even go there! I will set a firm goal of 40.
I should be all set. I am pretty sure my car will be setup with a better speaker, and I’ve got some headphones here at home, so let’s open up those ears and listen to some great books!
Oh, I should also admit, I’m terrible at the quarterly check-ins, so will be setting my calendar right now!