Welcome to 2015’s Audiobook Challenge which will be hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. It was a lot of fun last year and I’m really excited to do it again. As I did last year, a page will be created and will be under that Challenge tab up there. It will be keeping a running total of all my audiobooks as the reviews are released. Each book will be linked to my review so you won’t just get to see what I read, but what I thought as well.
Also, make sure to follow our hosts to keep up with any updates!
So let’s get started with the details of our challenge!
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – A Goodreads Group for the challenge has been created, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
We’ve decided to go back to having quarterly updates to help keep everyone motivated and to snag new participants through out the year. There will be posts on the following dates for you guys to check in to let us know how your listening is going for 2015.
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included
Once again my goal will be My Precious. It is such a huge target to hit, that I’m sure I can get in their somewhere. I am absolutely sure I would not make it over 50, so let’s not even go there! I will set a firm goal of 40.
I should be all set. I am pretty sure my car will be setup with a better speaker, and I’ve got some headphones here at home, so let’s open up those ears and listen to some great books!
Oh, I should also admit, I’m terrible at the quarterly check-ins, so will be setting my calendar right now!
I got this, watch below for my progress!
- Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione
- Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione
- Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione
- Reaver by Larissa Ione
- Revenant by Larissa Ione
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews
- Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews
- Eighth Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones
- Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh
- Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
- Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh
- Mine To Possess by Nalini Singh
- White Trash Zombie Gone Wild by Diana Rowland
- Hostage To Pleasure by Nalini Singh
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews
- Branded By Fire by Nalini Singh
- Blaze Of Memory by Nalini Singh
- Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
- Play Of Passion by Nalini Singh
- Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
- Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
- Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
So, yeah. This didn’t go so well this year. I blame the telephone. The only time I listen is during my commute and it seems that is the same time everyone wants to talk on the phone. I did have a block on so I did not receive calls during my drive, but it sort of pissed the family off so I had to take it off.
This was a year of me marathoning series on audio, and that will probably continue in 2016. I’ve come to love certain author/narrator combos and once set on them, I will listen to them until there is not a book left. I did not really find any new to me narrators this year because of the marathoning, so maybe I will make that a goal for next year.
I really enjoyed participating in the 2015 Audiobook Challenge hosted by The Book Nympho & Hot Listens. They are hosting the challenge for 2016 and I will be jumping in there again in the hopes of hitting my goal in 2016. I should put that block back on my phone, what do you think?
If you participated in the 2015 Audiobook Challenge, make sure to pop over to Hot Listens or The Book Nympho and link up. Then jump straight to the 2016 Audiobook Challenge page and sign up for what is looking like a great audiobook year!