Here are a few details that you should know:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
There are some great resources for audiobooks to help you find just the right book!
FREE audio resources:
Once again this year I’m going for “My Precious”. I failed in 2015 by 1 book! How sad is that? I am determined to at the very least hit this goal level but strive for a mid-range total of 40. I’m hoping I’ll get it together and start walking again (once it’s not so dark. I’m afraid of the outdoors, alone, in the dark) which means more listening time.
2016 Audiobook Challenge
Host: The Book Nympho & Hot Listens
Progress: 36/40 (90%)
1 January, 2016 — 31 December, 2016