Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because The Broke and the Bookish are particularly fond of lists. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Topic for February 10, 2015 is the top ten things you like/dislike when it comes to romances in books.
I’m pretty easy going when it comes to what I like in my romances. I can tolerate a lot, but sometimes you just have to roll your eyes!
- Whining, insecure leading characters. Oh, poor me.
- Love triangles. I can stand a little jealousy but not a lead character who just can’t decide who he/she wants
- Long, drawn out bouts of stupidity where the lead character is just being dense about what he/she is feeling
- Leading women who are determined and passionate
- Leading men who are tortured by their uncontrollable urge to be with that leading lady
- Variety in their sex scenes. I want them to be slow and romantic some of the time, but others they are over taken by passion.
Yep, I’m pretty easy when it comes to my romance books. I like a lot of action, which normally makes for some heated sex scenes and high intensity.
I know I’m missing some here, why don’t you share your likes or dislikes in the comments?