Topic for February 10, 2015 is the top ten things you like/dislike when it comes to romances in books.
I’m pretty easy going when it comes to what I like in my romances. I can tolerate a lot, but sometimes you just have to roll your eyes!
- Whining, insecure leading characters. Oh, poor me.
- Love triangles. I can stand a little jealousy but not a lead character who just can’t decide who he/she wants
- Long, drawn out bouts of stupidity where the lead character is just being dense about what he/she is feeling
- Leading women who are determined and passionate
- Leading men who are tortured by their uncontrollable urge to be with that leading lady
- Variety in their sex scenes. I want them to be slow and romantic some of the time, but others they are over taken by passion.
Yep, I’m pretty easy when it comes to my romance books. I like a lot of action, which normally makes for some heated sex scenes and high intensity.
I know I’m missing some here, why don’t you share your likes or dislikes in the comments?