Topic for December 30, 2014 is Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015
I’m not normally one for making resolutions. In fact, I’ve always kind of laughed about it. I live near a gym. I see that for the first two months of the year, you can’t even get a parking place, then the rest of year is so quiet. Now that the things have kind of taken some turns for me in the last couple of years, I’ve decided that 2015 I’m going to devote some time to doing the things I love and fixing the things that have gotten out of control. This year’s goals, (I feel better calling them goals) will be a mix of blogging and personal.
- First on the list is my blog design. I’ve been saying this for awhile and I’ve promised myself for my birthday, the blog will undertake a complete overall. Theme and design. I feel I’ve been doing this long enough I need to start looking a little more professional. Have put myself on a waiting list, so am committed!
- Get enough posts scheduled to be a month ahead, or as close as possible. I don’t want to overwhelm readers with too much content, and I don’t think I could do that with just me, but I don’t want a big chunk of time to go by without something out there.
- I want to post at least one post a month that is not a meme, tour post or review. I want to try and drive more interaction with followers and I think I can do that with some good discussion or tip posts.
- This is a biggie, and is going to be one of the hardest for me. I want to be more interactive with all my favorite bloggers, and find some new ones. I believe this is going to involve me doing a big cleanup of my Bloglovin feed. I have usually just made sure I had notifications on Facebook when one of my top blogs would publish a post, but I found I can’t rely on that, so I’m going to move to having more on email subscription. This will take a lot of work to make this manageable, but right now it’s pretty overwhelming which makes me shut down and I hardly get to talk to anyone.
- Conquer Twitter. I am totally lost there. Maybe I follow too many people or something, but I never seem to be able to get connected with anyone and it frustrates me. Things fly by so quick, I feel like I’d have to be on there 24/7 to actually catch information I want to see. If someone has a good social media management tool, I would love to give it a try!
- This year again, I am going to keep my reading challenges down to a bare minimum. Definitely my GR, which I will increase the book count this year since I was able to surpass it last year. I will also be participating in the 2015 Audiobook challenge and I’m hoping (meaning I haven’t checked yet) that the hosts from last years Ebook Challenge will be repeating it this year. I don’t want to put too many demands on what I read.
- Here is another tough one. It has been weighing heavy on my mind on whether I should sign up for this challenge. I am looking at Felicia’s FitReaders challenge. I did exactly what I watch others do at the gym and only lasted about the first month last year. I have a huge feeling of pending failure on this one, but maybe I can make it work and stick to it this year. I will sign up!
- I need to get back to my physical book clubs. I’ve let myself get lazy and my social interaction has dwindled to pretty much nothing. I’m coming back guys! Probably won’t have read January’s books, but I will be there!
- This year I’m going to go back through all my previous posts and get my reviews into UBB. There are so many reviews that are not pulling up in my archives and indexes. Just flying loose out in the wind. They may be old and show my inexperience, but they still show what I thought about the book and that is good for tracking. Plus, I sometimes need a reminder on what a book was about.
- And finally, going with the theme of number nine, I’m going to sort through all those old posts from the last 3 years and file them. Or something. I hate to delete them because they contain my thoughts or ideas on things. Even the memes. So I may just put them in categories and edit them to take out anything that doesn’t apply anymore like giveaways and sales. I am such a hoarder!
So that is it, guys & gals. My Goals for 2015. With all of this change, don’t be surprised if the whole world hears me screaming in frustration! So far, everyone has been so helpful when I’ve come across questions, and I’m so glad to have this community at my back.
I’d love to hear your goals for the year!