Topic for November 11, 2014 is Top Ten Characters That Should Have Their Own Books
We all know those characters. The side characters that make such an impression on us that we just need to know their stories. I have a few I’d love to see get their own books focused on their point of view. Especially those series that are over and you just didn’t get to see the ending you would like to see for them. Whatever the case, here are some characters that I would love to see stories from. If you see someone on this list that actually did have a book done from there POV, please tell me so I can run and grab it. Sometimes I miss the novellas that pop up in anthologies.
- Ivy from The Hollows by Kim Harrison. Ivy has been a main character in this series all along. I know there were a couple of novellas put out from her POV, but they were mostly going into her past. I would like to see a current book featuring her trials nurturing and eventually having an HEA with her love interest during all the time we have been focused on Rachel. It is hinted that so much has gone on behind the scenes and I would love to know the story.
- Mallory from Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Mallory went through a lot in this series. From first learning her magic, to her climactic break, to where she is today in Blood Games after spending all that learning time with the weres. I think it would be interesting to see the road she has taken thus far.
- Nix from Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole. Ok, show of hands here, who else is waiting for this story?! Nix is crazy and has been an illusive character in the whole series, but she is pretty much always involved with something. On one hand I would love to see her find her HEA, but on the other, I think the input of her character would be missed and would possibly bring an end to the series. So I would love to see her story. Maybe a backstory or something. We already know she has some history with Lothaire that was not really explained, so there are some mysteries there that I would love to hear more about. I just love Nix and all her craziness and I’m sure there are stories there that would fill more than a few books!
- Dallas Gutierrez from Alien Huntress by Gena Showalter. Dallas really took a blow in this series, and him growing throughout the series and learning all these new things about himself should bring him to a point where it is his turn for an HEA. He is a great, outgoing, hilarious character and I really want to see him matched up with someone who will really help him come to terms with himself. I have NO idea when or even IF there is going to be another book in this series, but I’ve got my hopes up that there will be, and that it will be his book!
- Tate from Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost. After Up From The Grave, Tate’s life is taking a drastic turn. He has really been through a lot in the series and I would love for him to have his own story where he can get a bit of a break.
- William from Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter. Ok, this is another one. Who wouldn’t want to get William’s story? There is a lot of mystery on his past, plus he is such an awesome, witty character that I am DYING for his book. We get hints that his mate is going to end up being Gilly, but I just don’t know if I can see that. Only one way to find out… give him his book!
- Stefan from Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. Stefan is kind of a mysterious character with a lot of backstory that has not all been fleshed out. Plus, I think he really deserves some happiness. I am sure with all the vampire politics we could get a good story out of him.
- Jonah from Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Jonah needs a good relationship! We’ve seem him give dating a try, but I would love to see more of him in the Red Guard and finding someone to give some romantic attention to. I’ve always liked him and would love to see more of him.
- Viola from Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter. I love her character, she is just fun and if there is going to be someone that can handle her demon, I want to meet him. Being both a minor goddess AND the keeper of narcissism, she’s got some major hurdles for someone to deal with. I think it would be hilariously fun!
- Bjorn from Angels of the Dark by Gena Showalter. Ok, yes, I have chosen nearly one from every series by Gena Showalter. But what can I say, I love her characters so much. Anyway, Bjorn is doing some major suffering in the last couple of books and I would really love to see him get some resolution and get an HEA.
So there you have it my friends. The top ten characters I would like to see have their own books! Who are you dying to see a book for? Let me know if the comments. I’m sure I missed characters!