This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale that goes towards keeping the blog running.
It’s that time again to make my commitment to the 2020 Audiobook Challenge hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and Hot Listens. The links will take you to their sign up pages where you will find many places you can find audiobooks. This year I’m going to go for the “Marathoner” level since that is where I hit in 2019. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make that again in 2020! Make sure to visit the Track Me Here page to see what books I’ve read for the challenge!
So. That year was a total bomb! Did I reach my goal of 50+? Hell no. Covid affected a lot this year and my audiobook listening was one of them. I spend my listening hours in the car, and due to months working from home, a lot of listening hours were missed. I did achieve My Precious with a total of 32 audiobooks for 2020. Not all of them have been reviewed yet so they are not all showing up in my list. The results list will be updated as I get the reviews written. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. While I worked from home I really missed my listening time, but at home, I get interrupted so many times, it was pointless to try and get any listening time in. Since I am back to work, have a TON of Audible credits and audio review books, I am confident that 2021 will be a much better listening year. Check out some of my listens that I did review, there are some great ones in there.
For those of you new to the challenge. Here are the details you should know.
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2019.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2020, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
(Some may be without links as I haven’t reviewed them yet)
- What A Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★½
- Last Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★½
- Taming Demons For Beginners by Annette Marie - ★★★½
- The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken - ★★★½
- How To Drive A Dragon Crazy by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★½
- Wicked Bite by Jeaniene Frost - ★★★★★
- The Alchemist And An Amaretto by Annette Marie - ★★★★
- Slaying Monsters For The Feeble by Annette Marie - ★★★★
- Light My Fire by G.A. Aiken - ★★★★
- Sweep With Me by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★★
- Druid Vices and a Vodka by Annette Marie - ★★★★★
- Edge of Darkness by Lara Adrian - ★★★★½
- Smoke Bitten by Patricia Briggs - ★★★½
- Badger to the Bone by Shelly Laurenston - ★★★½
- Alpha Night by Nalini Singh - ★★★★★
- Shifter's Shadow by Ella Summers - ★★★★★
- Hunting Fiends For The Ill-Equipped by Annette Marie - ★★★★½
- Heartless by Dannika Dark - ★★★★★
- Psychic's Spell by Ella Summers - ★★★★★
- Vampire Seduction by Celia Kyle, Marina Maddix - ★★
- Iron Master by Jennifer Ashley - ★★★★★
2020 Audiobook Challenge
Host: Hot Listens & Caffeinated Reviewer
My Summary Post
Progress: 21/50 (42%)
1 January, 2020 — 31 December, 2020