What is it:
Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Novel Heartbeat on Thursdays. Each week has a new topic where we can all get to know each other on a more personal level. Join in and let’s have some fun!
Topic for May 8, 2014: Pet Peeves
Let’s see how many I can come up with today, because honestly, my pet peeves have a tendency to grow on a regular basis! I’m an exceptionally cranky person and a lot of things drive me crazy.
- People who interrupt each other, or try to talk over other people. How are you supposed to have a conversation, much less listen to one when everyone is trying to spit their words out first?
- People who treat others differently because of their looks, or because they have tattoos or beards. I am not some “bad” or “disreputable” person because I have a little tattoo representing my children. A person is not some neanderthal because he has decided to grow out his facial hair.
- People who are using the remote, but then decide they are going to leave the room or go to bed and leave the remote where they were sitting instead of passing it to someone else who is still watching the tv.
- When my dog decides to try and squeeze in between me and my laptop
- People who stand in my personal space when having a conversation
- When people try to wake me up for no good reason on the weekend or holidays, I’m a night owl!
- When the ends of my hair flip out
- When pants are too short for my legs. I like to buy cropped pants, which on a regular person would cover my tattoo, but don’t on me.
- People telling or suggesting for me to do something thinking they are encouraging me, but are really just insulting me and pissing me off
- Trying to take instructions from telephone support people who have really thick accents and they treat you like you are stupid when you have to ask them to repeat themselves constantly.
I think I will cap that one off at ten. I could probably go on to infinity, but I don’t want to seem like a complete bitch! 🙂 What are some of your pet peeves?