I guess since my decision to participate was last minute, I at least have somewhat of an excuse for the lack of progress I made. I did learn some interesting things, which took me on a crazy tour through the internet. I had an event I was volunteering with for DFW Pug Rescue on Saturday, which was a blast by the way, and my dad’s birthday was today. I squeezed some work in there, but this weekend did really show me the amount of work I need to get done, so I will be spending some special “blog” time all week. You know, my biggest problem is distraction! There is just so much to see and do! Anyway, for the results…
My list for this weekend included:
- Research ways to making cross-posting reviews between my blog, Goodreads and Amazon Well, research I did. I did not find anything that would do exactly what I was trying to do. I know Goodreads gives you the option to post your review written on there, to your own blog, but I really wanted it to go the other way too, automatically. Manually putting your reviews in all the different places is tiresome. I need to prioritize where I put my efforts.
- Write 4 reviews and schedule for the next two weeks. Well, I framed a one review, need to fill in the guts though
- Write 4 Waiting on Wednesday posts
- Write 4 Quote-tastic Monday posts
- Design a personal image for my Waiting on Wednesday posts
- Decide on my Blogroll appearance
- Create my FTC Disclosure
- Figure out how to update my Amazon Preorders widget
- Put my Amazon store up on a page
- Participate in at least 2 Bloggiesta challenges. I participated in Book Vixen’s IFTTT challenge, and that just sucked the hours away playing with this awesome new tool!
- Participate in at least 1 twitter chat
- Write one Sunday Post
So. Little bit of progress, lots left to do. Can’t wait until the next one, I will definitely be more prepared next time!