- Runs January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2016.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June and last update in December 2017.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Tantor.com (They have some great sales, so sign up for their newsletter)
- Ambling Books
- Overdrive – through your local library
- Audiobook Jukebox – audios for review
- Hoopla – through your local library
As you can see, there are plenty of places you can pick up some great listening to achieve your challenge goals. Don’t forget your local library, they are a great place to pick up some audiobooks.
My goal this year is going to be “My Precious” once again. I think there is a nice good space between 30 and 50 and that gives me a good chance of achieving my goal. You may think that audiobooks are not really for you, but let me tell you. I thought the same thing, until some other bloggers convinced me to try one. I was addicted. Yes, it takes a good story and a great narrator, but when you hit that combination, you’ll be climbing up the ranks of this challenge!
A HUGE thanks to Hot Listens and Caffeinated Book Reviewer for running this challenge again this year. I think besides my Goodreads challenge, this will be the only other one I participate in. It’s special!