Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because The Broke and the Bookish are particularly fond of lists. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Topic for April 8, 2014 is Top Ten Most Unique Books I’ve Read (maybe the MC was really different, maybe it was the way it was written, a very unique spin on a genre or topic, etc.)
You would think that with all the paranormal romance and urban fantasy that I read, that this would be an easy task. I am finding that despite the different series, there always seems to be commonalities throughout them all, which makes it hard to find something truly unique. This list will be far from ten, but they are a few that have stood out enough to make me think of them when I saw the topic.
- Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells. There is a certain demon that turns into a hairless cat.
- Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. There are some pretty unique forms of torture that our favorite female serial killer uses.
- Anita Blake series. I think the use of all the different forms of shifters is different.
- Alien Huntress series. Aliens with supernatural qualities.
- Midnight Breed series. Vampires originating from an alien species.
So I’m going to stick to five. I’m sure once I hit publish 5 more will come to me. What are a few of the most unique books you’ve read?